Terms & Conditions
HOUSE OF GROVE STUDIO GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT
THIS GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (the "Agreement")
BACKGROUND IN CONSIDERATION Of the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the "Party" and collectively the "Parties" to this Agreement) agree as follows:
SERVICES PROVIDED TERM OF AGREEMENT PERFORMANCE, CURRENCY, COMPENSATION
The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide services to the Client.
A. The Contractor is agreeable to providing such services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
B. The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with the following services (the "Services"): • custom carpentry services
1. The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
2. The term of this Agreement (the "Term") will begin on the date of this
Agreement and will remain in full force and effect until the completion of the Services, subject to earlier termination as provided in this Agreement. The Term may be extended with the written consent of the Parties.
3. The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
4.Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in CAD (Canadian Dollars).
5. The Contractor will charge the Client a flat fee for the Services (the "Compensation").6. The Client will be invoiced when the Services are complete.7.
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES, CONFIDENTIALITY, OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are due within 7 days of receipt.
8. In the event that thisAgreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of the Services but where the Services have been partially performed, the Contractor will be entitled to pro rate payment of the Compensation to the date of termination provided that there has been no breach of contract on the part of the Contractor.
9. The Compensation as stated in this Agreement does not include sales tax, or other applicable duties as may be required by law. Any sales tax and duties required by law will be charged to the Client in addition to the Compensation.
10. The Contractor will be reimbursed from time to time for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the Contractor in connection with providing the Services.
11. All expenses must be pre-approved by the Client.
12. Confidential information (the "Confidential Information") refers to any data or information relating to the Client, whether business or personal, which would reasonably be considered to be private or proprietary to the Client and that is not generally known and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
13. The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorized by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
14. All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
15. All intellectual property and related material, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, industrial design and trade name (the "Intellectual Property") that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the sole property of the Contractor.
RIGHT OF SUBSTITUTION
16. Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
17. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service.
18. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor may, at the Contractor's absolute discretion, engage a third party sub-contractor to perform some or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement and the Client will not hire or engage any third parties to assist with the provision of the Services.
19. In the event that the Contractor hires a sub-contractor: • the Contractor will pay the sub-contractor for its services and the Compensation will remain payable by the Client to the Contractor. • for the purposes of the indemnification clause of this Agreement, the sub-contractor is an agent of the Contractor.
20. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time, methods, and decision making in relation to provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The Contractor will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client.
21. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will provide at the Contractor’s own expense, any and all tools, machinery, equipment, raw materials, supplies, work wear and any other items or parts necessary to deliver the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
22. The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and that either Party will be free, during and after the Term, to engage or contract with third parties for the provision of services similar to the Services.
23. All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this.Service Agreement
INDEMNIFICATION, MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT, TIME OF THE ESSENCE, ASSIGNMENT, ENTIRE AGREEMENT, ENUREMENT, TITLES/HEADINGS
Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to the Parties at the following addresses:
or to such other address as either Party may from time to time notify the other.
24. Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
25. Any amendment or modification of thisAgreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorized representative of each Party.
26. Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
27. The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
28. It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
29. This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
30. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting thisAgreement.
ADDITIONAL CLAUSES, GOVERNING LAW, SEVERABILITY
IN WITNESS WHERE OF the Parties have duly affixed their signatures by responding in receipt to this email or by paying the deposit. The contractor will sign on behalf of House of Grove Studio Inc.
A. ALL DEPOSITS AND DISBURSEMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.A.
IT IS THE CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE RELATIVE HUMIDITY IN THEIR HOMES TO THE STANDARD TO CARE FOR SOLID WOOD HOME FURNISHINGS. NOT BELOW 30% RELATIVE HUMIDITY. NOT MAINTAINING RELATIVE HUMIDITY IN YOUR HOME CAN LED TO WOOD IMPROPERLY SHRINKING AND EXPANDING WHICH CAN CREATE CHECKS, WARPING AMONG OTHER UNPLEASANT DEFECTS.
B. IF THE CLIENT NOTICES A MINOR DEFICIENCY WITHIN 30 DAYS THE CONTRACTOR WILL ACCESS THE DEFICIENCY AND DETERMINE THE BEST MEANS TO RESOLVE.
C. THE CLIENT MUST PROVIDE ALL DIMENSIONS AND COLOUR SAMPLES TO BE MATCHED.
D . TIMELINES FOR CUSTOM WORK ARE ESTIMATES AND CAN RANGE.E .
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of ONTARIO
33. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
34. The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.